Upstairs & Downstairs Halloween Mantles. . .

The house is almost ready and before we know it the kiddies will be knocking at our doors!

I like getting my décor out the first week of October because the month just seems to fly by.

I debated about doing each mantle in a separate post. But then I decided it might be fun to see which you like the best.

So here we go with upstairs:  It’s a bit spooky, so don’t get scared!

IMG_2431

(I made the spooky banner about 5 years ago)

this funny looking fella has a smile on his face, (sorta) lol!

IMG_2424

(he’s my only new addition to the mantle.  I saw him at a damaged goods store and knew I needed him to go with his matching friend)

See him there on top of my little white box.  A few of his friends wanted to hang close by.

IMG_2425

IMG_2426

IMG_2429

Here it is.  A little bit ‘spooky’ a little bit ‘fun’!

IMG_2430

On the Hearth.

IMG_2420

(my Modge Podge hat boxes are another project I did years ago.  I still like them, and love my witch boot on top!)

Now let’s go downstairs:  It’s an attack of white and black.

IMG_2414

(I just made the little spooky banner for my typewriter and guess how I got the houndstooth pumpkin look.  It’s Duct Tape. A gift from my friend, Peggy.   How fun is that?)

My cute book page pumpkin was made by my friend, Dolly.  It feels pretty special sitting in my blingy black pot.  Especially surrounded by shining stars!

IMG_2416

A weather vane witch is flying close by.  A haunted house is hidden under glass.

IMG_2417

IMG_2418

This is why I made the ‘Wicked’ banner.  I added my little book page chain made by my daughter, Kylee.

IMG_2413

IMG_2419

On The Hearth.

IMG_2409

( a black velvety tree inside a vintage bucket.  Gourds carved into pumpkins.)

My modge Podge pumpkin and party crow.

IMG_2411

Later I added one of my old cameras and an antique photo.  the washed out look gives it an eerie feeling.

IMG_2432

So, what do you think. . . do you like one more than the other.

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun Parties:

Obsessive and Creative for Craft Frenzy Friday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Halloween Party

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

Sunday View for Inspired Sunday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

26 comments

priscilla said...

Two Fabulous Halloween Mantels , Jann ! Love them both ! Such great Halloween decorations !

Shirley Hatfield said...

I don't know...my two favorite Halloween color combinations. I will go with the black/white one because I am loving that garland and the typewritten. Does it belong to a "ghost writer?"

Shirley Hatfield said...

Yike! Typewriter!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

They're both fun, but I'm loving the black & white mantel. Your little bunting across your typewriter is the cutest thing! I've got a bare typewriter just begging for one! Thanks for sharing, Jann.

Fran. said...

Both are kewl!! But I am digging the black n white a bit more!! XOXO Love Fran.

Cynthia said...

Both of these mantles are so great. Love the boot on top of the boxes. The black and white one really captures me!

Cynthia

Rose L said...

You definitely enjoy decorating for each holiday! I can see your attic storage now...boxes labeled for every holiday!!! You sure have plenty of energy!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Jann, I love both the mantles! The typewriter is wonderful and the tiny banner on it is adorable.
xx,
Sherry

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Jann, both are fabulous...Cripes I have 3 little pumpkins sitting on my mantle lol! I love both mantles, but favor the black and white one. The hat boxes with the shoe is great!

Carol

cynthia lee designs said...

I love both of them!!

Tea in the Library said...

Could not choose between the two!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I would say your ready for Halloween! Love the typwriter.

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann you are the queen of Halloween vignettes. It is fun to see you get so into Halloween. I love the banner you made for the typewriter. My fav vignette you did.
Kris

thepaintedapron.com said...

You have some very spooky things here! Very fun!
Jenna

20 North Ora said...

They are both great but my favorite is the black and white one! Love the typewriter and the tiny banner - very cute!
I am your newest follower.

Judy

Art and Sand said...

Everything is wonderful. My favorite is the typewriter vignette.

bj said...

What fun and happy mantels...you did an amazing job on both of them...
Happy day....
Over from Tablescaper..

Anonymous said...

I like them both! Very cute decorations.

Laura Turner said...

I'm not sure what I love the most! The pumpkin guy in the boot (love Bethany Lowe/Nicole Sayre), your book page pumpkin (tee hee), the banner on your typewrite (now I'm making one for mine), or your banner out of bingo cards (I will be making banners today!!!!)
Great decorations!

Laura

Anonymous said...

They are both fabulous! From the banner to the witch to the typewriter...so much to love here. You are a mantel queen in my book!

One More Time Events said...

Loving your typewriter and the black and white pumpkin... everything looks great.... Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events. Hugs Tammy

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

I LOVE IT ALL! I wanna come over but I'll have to settle for a virtual visit!

Amber

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I love them both but I really like to black and white for a change! I love that duck tape pumpkin and I love the paper pumpkin too. You did a beautiful job on the modge podge boxes and you are lucky to have 2 mantles to decorate. The banners you made are so pretty and you are very creative. I could go on and on with the compliments. Take care and enjoy your week.
Julie

Anonymous said...

I like them both, and you know I zeroed right in on the "olde" typewriter and camera! Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Linda Walker said...

Wow Jann, you have a wonderful collection of Halloween decorations. Your mantles look amazing! I am impressed!
Linda
mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

One More Time Events said...

Hi Jann, Stopping by to let you know you have been featured this week at One More Time Events http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/10/share-it-one-more-time-party-and.html Hope to see you again this week...Thank you for for sharing!
Xo Tammy

Instagram