A Day at Magnolia. . .

 
Hello my friends,
I'm sure most of you know that hubby and I are road tripping through the state of Texas.
 
Yesterday we arrived in the beautiful small town of Brenham.  This morning we headed to Waco to visit Magnolia.
 
 


No trip to Texas would be complete without a stop here.  I consider all this created by Chip and Joanna Gaines to be a wonderful success story!
 
I'm so excited to be here!
 
 
 
I'm sure many of you, like me love the Fixer Upper!
 
Hubby is not a big fan of crowds so we decided that today would be a good day to go.  The gal at the bakery confirmed that Saturday is crazy!
 
 
When we drove by the line at the bakery was quite long.  By the time we parked and walked there it wasn't bad at all. Once inside, it moved really fast.
 
Look at all of that yummy goodness!


We bought a strawberries and cream cupcake, a lavender lemon cupcake, 2 silo cookies, and a cranberry orange biscuit.

 
The cookies were delish, and I'm not even a fan of semi sweet chocolate chips.  Crunchy outside with a chewy inside. 
 
Cupcakes had a little too much frosting for me, but hubby didn't complain at all!  :)  We still have the biscuit to eat in the morning.
 
A sweet scene welcoming spring just inside the shop doors.
 
 
These flowers looked so real.  I had to touch them to make sure they weren't. (wink)

 

Signs of spring everywhere!  I thought this wall of crates was so fun!


 
The store was busy, but it wasn't hard getting around.  Everyone seemed to be so kind and courteous.
 
I tried to snap photos when most of the people had passed by.

 
I love how the store highlighted both Chip and Joanna's personalities!
 
Chips Corner was loud and busy,

 
While other areas showcased Joanna's amazingly talented mind.
 
I loved this wall of botanical tags.  Trying to figure out where in my home I can do something similar. 
 
 
I took a bunch of close ups because I loved it so much.  Oh, and I asked if it was okay to take photos.  They were more than happy to oblige.  A lot of stores would not allow that.
 
 
It's such a great mixture of stamped and dried flora!


Now let's step outside. . .
Magnolias is very family friendly.  They have a
large play area for kids,
 

and lots of tables for eating and hanging out.  Plus there were lots of food trucks parked out back.  I mean, everyone knows that shopping makes you hungry.  lol!

 
I was thrilled to see that there was a garden area and shop.
 
 




 
The giant mushrooms weren't for sale.  Although they told where you could purchase them.
 
These little ones were and I had to buy some because I thought this shovel was so whimsical.


Yup, spring has arrived at Magnolia.
 

 

What a fun way to spend a day in Texas!
 

 

hugs,
 
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 

18 comments

Jeanie said...

It looks exactly as I would imagine it! What a fun time, Jann. I'd love to be there with you every step of the way. Your photos are terrific!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Jann, we just missed each other! We were there yesterday, on Wed the 7th! It indeed was a wonderful sight, even better than I imagined and shopping went quickly with very pleasant service people. The bakery line was too long so I didn't even attempt it, although looking at your yummy photos I think I made a bad mistake!

Kim said...

It looks as if you are having the best time, Jann. The bakery is amazing and as for the wall of tags, I am sure you will come up with something equally as brilliant in your lovely home. Love the photos of you, lovely lady. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Xx

Artsy VaVa said...

What a fun trip you are on! Your pictures are great and make me want to go to Waco. I especially love the wall of crates with the moss at Magnolia.

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you had fun! When we went, it was sooo crowded. I enjoyed looking around but didn't actually buy a thing because of the lines. Such perfect weather for your visit this week. :)

Susie said...

Jann, Seeing you there at the silos just put a big smile on my face. I bet you got a lot of wonderful decorating ideas. I too always ask if picture taking is okay. It's a form of respect. I hope your whole trip was fun. Blessings to you and your hobby, xoxo, Susie

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Jann, how fun! We have a friend who lives in Waco, so if we ever go visit we'll definitely stop in here at Chip and Joanna's!

Sylvia said...

Jann, I love the large mushrooms. It looks like you are having a great time! Enjoy. Sylvia D.

Louca por porcelana said...

What a delightful time,Jann!Great pictures!Hugs!

Sandi Magle said...

Looks like a great trip, you are so far ahead of us in our dreary winter down there, makes me want to go plant something, even if it freezes.

Fonda said...

You said you enjoyed the dried flora and fauna. Let's hope not, because fauna could be desiccated animals. Fauna is anything that isn't plants. So, perhaps you enjoyed just the dried plants.

Janice Smith said...

Jann, I loved your photos from the Magnolia marketplace. Fixer Upper is my favorite HGTV program; what will we do when it ends? Sure there will always be reruns, but it just won’t be the same. :-)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I dream of going to Waco to Magnolia but also to drive around and see the houses and the area. My girlfriend recently visited there and was not too impressed. She said it was all overpriced. I was discouraged. Your post has reignited my desire to go there! I love all the parts of the store you showed. You always make everything FUN!!!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

We have the show now in France, with a horrible translation that makes me cringe at every sentence... So it was fun seeing your pictures of the Magnolia silos.

Cindy D said...

Hi Jann,
What a wonderful post. I caught myself smiling and not even realizing it. What a treat for the eyes, since out my window I'm blanketed with snow. But the birds are telling me not to worry, springs coming soon. I think I need to make a road trip with my sister. Magnolia is divine. Thank you for sharing.
Cindy

csuhpat1 said...

What a cool place to visit. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...


What a wonderful place to visit! I'd love to go there one day.

Katie Mansfield said...

How fun. I haven't been in two years. I love how the displays change with the seasons. When we were there the bakery wasn't open yet. Now I want to go back. Thanks for linking to Keep In Touch. You were so close to me. Only an hour and forty five minutes away.

Instagram