Loving Me a Shabby Christmas. . .

>Hello my friends, today is the first day of our Creating Christmas link party.
 
Who doesn't love a 'Shabby Christmas'?  Even if you don't do shabby, I think you'll agree that it is ever so fun to look at.
 
No one does shabby quite as wonderful as Debby from
Debby Goes Shabby
 
 
Hop on over and link your shabby Christmas on her blog.
 
Most of my shabby décor is in my living room, so that's what I will be sharing with you today.
 
I bought this bottle brush wreath at Glitterfest, an art festival in California I attended last year.
 
I had the little white and aqua mercury glass tree for 5 or so years, a couple of years ago I found the large one to match at our local thrift.  I've placed the small one inside the wreath and sat them on top of an antique wooden wheel I bought in Napa, CA last June.
 
 
 
 
 
One of my favorite things in my living room is this chippy table.  I think that chippy just adds to the beauty and carries it over to shabby.
 
 
I bought this Santos doll bust in St. George, UT last spring.  My friends all that she was hideous, but I love her.  :)  Like they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
 

 
I added the golden tree tag around her neck for Christmas.  Vintage books are my favorite things to use for elevation.  I never pass up an aqua colored book.  (wink)  The bead garland is very old.  Love just letting it lie around.

 
This pink cabinet sets on the center of the table.  It's hard to photograph because of the glass.  This year it houses my angel collection.  Notice, more books?

 
The middle shelf of the cupboard.  I love the little bird planter!
 
 
 
I bought this green shabby door at a vintage sale for $40 quite a few years ago.  I still love it!  The aqua bells are a very old garland as well.  I can never pass up an old garland.  Often I have more than I know what to do with, but I can't get rid of them. 


 
 My friend, Joanne had such an amazing collection of vintage mirrors.  After seeing hers I picked up these three.  I bought the old corbel in South Carolina and the trio of trees were picked up at a damaged goods store this year.

 
 
 I absolutely love the colors of these $1 bottle brush trees from Target!
 


It's obvious that I have a thing for doors.  :)  This one stands next to my mantle.  I bought it at R.C. Willey's 8 years ago.

 
This sweet champagne colored tree is new this year.  I walked into Hobby Lobby one day after Christmas last year.  It was on their display.  It was the only one they had left and had marked it down to $15.  It was originally $70.  I couldn't resist!

 
Notice the little elf on the shelf?  He doesn't really go there.  My granddaughter, Paityn and I are taking turns hiding him from each other.  I hid him there 5 days ago.  She just found him last night.
 
Do you remember this laundry cart that I turned around for in Napa?  It was perfect for my new tree!
 
 
Here it is all lit up at night.
 
 
I have lots of ornaments on this tree that I love.  Years ago I had a pink and green tree.  Most of them are from then.  My friend, Peggy gave me three of these pink Santas.  The sweet little pink macaroon was made and sent to me by none other than Debby Goes Shabby.  Love them!


 
Some shabby finds only cost $1.  Like this Santa I picked up last Friday.  I figured the postcard alone was worth that. 

 
A bit of shabby love added to the glass doorknob of the cupboard housing my red dishes.  Dried roses, a clock, and glittery bell.

 
When I think of shabby I think of bits of lace.  It's hard to see with some of my Christmas cards attached, but I covered a wire shade with laces and twill for this old floor lamp.

 
I love the tan color of Hydrangeas drying on my Limelight Tree naturally.  I get buckets full every fall.

 
I am looking forward to seeing your 'Shabby Christmas'!
 
Remember to link up your 'Handmade Christmas' over at Carol's
Art and Sand  Tomorrow, Tues. Dec. 12th.
 
All parties will remain open until Dec. 24h,, so continue to link up until then.
 
 
Merry Christmas!
Jann
 
Also sharing with Amber and Debra for the
 
Thanks for featuring this post at the Home For Christmas link party

 

 

 
 

18 comments

Susie said...

Jann, You certainly have some beautiful things of days gone by. I love all your trees. Blessings to you sweetie, xoxo, Susie

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Oh Jann, my heart is fluttering with all of the wonderful chippiness. Your pink cabinet is divine! Pinning!!!!
xoxo Jo

Louca por porcelana said...

Love your beautiful Christmas ornaments,especially those sweet and cute angels.Hugs!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I spotted a ton of super cute vintage items that remind me of my childhood! Very nicely done, Jann, looks great!

My thrift store addiction said...

Lovely shabbiness, Jann! Excited to be participating on the tour again this year! Hugs, Cecilia

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann i lov shabby chic and i love your decorating ,you have so many sweet and precious treasures there,thankyou for sharing xx

NanaDiana said...

Jann- It was fun to visit and see everything all "shabbied up" for Christmas. I love all the old doors and I have some stacked mirrors, too. I have always liked that look.

You have some really sweet little ornaments and I love the champagne tree.

I hope you have a great week- xo Diana

cloches and lavender said...

Jann, you have such wonderful pieces. I have a large collection of bottle brush trees. I can't help myself. What a deal on that cute tree from HL

Cindy

Katie Mansfield said...

I love all your shabby touches. So, so cute.

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice. Your touches are great.

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jann

Love your Shabby Christmas! Thank you for including me in the party!

Merry Christmas!

Debby
Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Art and Sand said...

You do shabby so well!

Thanks for hosting the party and inviting me again this year.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your shabby home decor is beautiful. Especially love the pink Santas!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I love it all!! You have a real eye for pairing things and creating such interesting vignettes that draw you in for a closer look at all of the details! I LOVE those mercury glass trees -- so beautiful and unique! Love all of your figurines too!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Perfect things for the shabby look! Love the chippy table and doors. You have so many great things to play with!

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE that gorgeous Champagne Tree, it's perfect for all your wonderful shabby vintage ornaments. and that laundry cart? oh my so cute, love all your vintage goodies for Christmas. thanks so much for linking up for the Home For Christmas Party!

Jeanie said...

Your home is the most divine Christmas wonderland! Everything looks so cozy and perfect. I love your new champagne tree and all the touches like the Santos doll. Everything is festive and fun. I think I could spend hours in your home and never tire of it -- and always find something new and delightful.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
I saw a rose gold tree in Walmart and I am going to check if there are any left after Christmas after seeing yours!! Everything looks fantastic!!! I love it all!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Instagram