Garden Gate Love. . .

Hello my friends,
tonight is our last night in beautiful Carmel by the Sea.
 
We have had a wonderful three days in our sweet cottage rental.
 
I read about it in the Victoria magazine.  It has been everything I'd hoped it would be.  We are just a block away from the beach and downtown shopping and eating is in walking distance.
 
 
We have walked up and down the steep streets numerous times.  Each time we would walk a different street.  The garden gates were such a delight to see.  I must admit that I had a bit of
garden gate envy.
 
The lush ivy surrounding this one was simply gorgeous!
 
 
And how pretty are the flower pots gracing each side of these
two gates?





 
This gorgeous white one with the roses is one of my favorites. 
 
 
Some were a bit rustic.
 
 
 
I love how you see the flag when you peek through this
garden gate!



 
This gate was rustic, but the painted flowers on the home helped to dress it up.
 
 
 
The railing leading to this gate was totally covered with ivy.

 

 
Some had  pretty curves,

 
 
 

and some were adorned with baskets of flowers. 
 
 
 

Some were wooden pickets.
 
 
 
 
Others were made of iron.

 

Everywhere we walked I had garden gate envy.  And each and every one of them left me longing for more.
 
Oh how I yearned to wander behind the garden gates!!
 
And now I'll leave you with a little bit of  '7th heaven'.
 
 
hugs,
I am sharing with Pam's from Everyday Living new garden party:
 
 


21 comments

Linda W. said...

That cottage looks like your kind of place! Glad you're having a good vacation.

Daniela said...

What a wonderful, inspiring 'collection' of garden gates, they're all so, so lovely, I wouldn't be able to choose !

So glad to read that you had a lovely holiday,
I'm sending blessings on your Sunday and new week ahead, darling Jann

With much love

XOXO Dany

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

Oh, Jann! Carmel by the Sea sounds like my kind of place, too! Thank you so much for sharing all of the beautiful garden gates. Each one is so unique and charming! I'll bet you are inspired to tuck a garden gate somewhere in your garden! Keep having fun! ♡

Louca por porcelana said...

Thank you for this amazing tour with gorgeous garden gates!Love all of them!Have a lovely sunday!Hugs,Maristella.

Susie said...

Thank you Jann. I loved each and every one of those gates. Such beauty. I know you must have loved your trip away. Safe trip back home. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oh Jann what a wonderful place to vacation. Carmel by the Sea sounds to romantic and enchanting. I love eachand every one of these gates and all the beautiful flowering plants! That one with the little white house with a white gate that has the half round basket/wreath on it is so darn cute. It even has a purple martin house right up against the home. I'm imagining all the birds fying about there- so quaint and cottage like!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

The gates were lovely and so many. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time there. IT certainly a beautiful area and i love when my son takes me there. I especially love that restaurant I told you about. Glad you had a terrific time.

Hugs,
Mary

Kim said...

It sounds as if Carmel Cottage Inn is the perfect spot in which to relax after long days of exploring the surrounding shops and area, Jann. Love all the gorgeous photos of your wanderings. It sounds as if you and your husband have had the most delightful of times.

Rose L said...

I love the array of styles of the garden gates!!! Wonder if it could be a coffee table book--Welcome through the Garden Gate. I am looking forward to hearing all about the trip and seeing more photos!

The Victorian Girl said...

LOVE all those gates! I sure would like to go there someday.

Cindy Lou said...

The mos CHARMING spot on earth !!!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I've been to Carmel several times, but always look at the cottages and have missed these wonderful gates! Really enjoyed your post today!

Connie said...

This post is so much fun . . . I love garden gates! :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

This looks like my kind of vacation place. Those garden gates are so enticing...I want to see inside them too! What a nice weekend you had!

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, Victoria magazine is a favorite and they certainly did not steer you wrong. Your cottage looks storybook perfect. The garden gates are so varied and interesting all surrounded by flowers. They all lend that mystery of what lies just beyond. Thank you for joining the first Gardens Galore Party and I absolutely love this post...can't wait to see more from your trip to Carmel and Napa, both favorites of mine!

Jeanie said...

I knew you would love Carmel. I wish I'd had a good camera, digital and a blog back when I visited some 20 years ago, I think. Another lifetime ago! Every photo here sings with charm and beauty. What a great time. And well deserved. I hope the estate sales are done with!

Art and Sand said...

Carmel is such a cute place to visit. I think I did a post on garden gates after one of our visits. But, I didn't spot a single gate that I shared.

Glad you had such a great vacation.

Sandi Magle said...

Your yard and your trip pics are gorgeous---I am always using that word 'gorgeous' when I look at your posts. Love your 'eye' with the camera, Thanks, Sandi

Sarah said...

I find garden gates enchanting! I have a photo file of garden gates that I've taken through the years. It's fun to see these in Carmel. Makes me long for a trip of my own.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful find, and how you must have enjoyed experiencing this little piece of heaven.

Bonnie said...

I enjoyed walking with you around Carmel. The garden gates were intriguing. I know you wanted to see beyond the gates. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Instagram