Step Inside. . .

Hello my pretties,

October is finally here.

IMG_2384

This is the month that I have been waiting for all year!

Don’t be afraid, step inside.  I promise you, nothing too gory;

Just a peek inside my ‘Witches Laboratory’!

IMG_2386

Sometimes when I’m inside I go really quite mad,

I guess that is much better than ‘Breaking Bad’!

It’s my favorite place with all kinds of magic potions. . .

I’m just hoping that some of my friends don’t cause a commotion!

IMG_2391

I have my pet spiders,

IMG_2393

IMG_2394

Owl, crow, and rat.

IMG_2404

IMG_2405

Some I keep caged until they get fat!

IMG_2402

Every good witch has her secret recipes tucked inside her favorite books.

That’s right, some of us witches are very good cooks.

IMG_2407

Don’t you love this sweet cage for my pretty raven?

Oh, don’t be afraid.  I only let him out when the grandies are misbehavin!

IMG_2396

If you take a closer look,

You’ll see that his cage is made from a book.

IMG_2397

This fella will be baked into my famous ‘shoefly pie’.

Just one taste and you will surely die!

IMG_2395

My poison  delicious red apple is one thing you’ll want to taste.

Hurry over for a bite.  I  wouldn’t want it to go to waste!

IMG_2401

Do you know someone who has a big head?

Bring them right over.  I have a recipe, I promise you won’t dread.

I just cook their skelly in my magic pot.

IMG_2398

Before you know it, big headed they’re not!

IMG_2399

One of my potions calls for witches wart, eye of newt,  and toe of frog.

IMG_2388IMG_2389IMG_2390

One drink of this and it will even grow hair on a bald headed dog!

I enjoy cooking up my concoctions by candle light. . .

IMG_2381

It helps me brew them just right!

Sometimes I work by the light of the moon.

IMG_2400

Just have to be careful.  After all the Werewolf will be howling soon.

Thank goodness he’s just one of my friends.

All of us Howl-o-ween creatures must make amends!

That’s all for today.  Hope you enjoyed the tour.

Please, please, please come back for more!

Hee-hee,

Jann

*lab notes:

1.  The cute raven birdcage was given to me by my friend.  Isn’t she a doll?  Guess that’s why her name is Dolly!

2.  Took a load to our local thrift.  Debated about going inside.  So glad I did.  I found the little chemistry vials for 50 cents.

3.  I had so much fun creating my tabletop laboratory.  Wish I had a microscope to add to it.  Hubby had one from his childhood.  We know we saw it around here a while back, but couldn’t find it.  Darn, probably got rid of it.

I will be joining these fun parties:

We Call it Junkin for We Call it Olde

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

Flusters Creative Muster Party

Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday

The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Weds.

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

No Minimalist Here for Open House Party

Common Ground for Be Inspired

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Halloween Party

29 comments

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I don't do Halloween, but your decorations are really cute and spooky...!!

must love junk said...

Ha!! This is great! Both your decorations and your poem! So clever (I've never seen a big fly like that-nice touch :)
Susan

lynn cockrell said...

All of your Howl-o-ween concoctions are to "die" for, Jann. I am totally spooked and bewitched by the things you have brewed up and you have left me spellbound by your poetic post!!!

Kris said...

I am so glad it is October too!! You have spookified your house! Cute!
xo Kris

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I guess you don't have to dust this month. ~smile~

Lois' Laughlines said...

So cute. The decorations are great.

Winnie said...

We don't celebrate Halloween, but I just love your decorations :)
Creepy but very cute!!

Fran said...

Thank you for the lab tour! I'm so impressed with your ability to write poetry! Have a wonderful day :)
--Fran

Anonymous said...

Eeeks! I'm scared! ;)

Just making sure you got my email about the garland. I sent it from a different account. ♥

Shirley Hatfield said...

You can't scare me...I just vacuumed about a 100 dead spiders from behind the furniture in George's basement office. Once the goosebumps went away, I dumped them all in the dumpster...ick! ick! ick! Your creepy display should win an award...Bad Housekeeping Seal of Disapproval!
You are so much fun, Jann!

priscilla said...

Fabulous Halloween decorations ,Jann ! You always do such a great job :) Bet the grandkids love it !

NanaDiana said...

What fun decorations, Jann! I do more Fall and just a bit of Halloween but it is so much fun to see people that really go all out. Love it- xo Diana

Unknown said...

This is so creative! It gives me so many refreshing ideas and inspires me to think outside of the box when making my own spooktacular decor! Thank you!

Kadee Willow said...

Good for you for entering October all prepared! I know all the effort it takes to write a poem to go along with photos and yours is so cute! Good job! So many treasures to make the Halloween season fun.. thanks for letting us into to your laboratory!

Got My Reservations said...

I can just imagine your delight as you added more and more to this masterpiece. Fun decor for Halloween!

Di said...

Oh Jann this is so much fun. I love spooky Halloween decorations they make me smile.

The Style Sisters said...

Awesome details!! This is awesome!Come link up to the Style Sisters party and share this post with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/10/centerpiece-wednesday-95.html
Karin

Cynthia said...

What cute collection, love the apple under the cloche!

Cynthia

ornate splendor said...

Hello, Jann! Your post made me smile today! Love your clever poem and decorations. The mouse trap is a fun idea!! Love it all. Well done! Hugs, Catherine

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh you have lots of scary stuff...what fun! I need to do more decorating! HUGS!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Your decoration is amazing. Very theatre like!

Rose L said...

I am scared of spiders but those sweeties would make me smile!!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You always crack me up at Halloween time.

You are REALLY a 12 year old, you know :) And a fun one at that! :)

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh what fun, Jann! What a perfect Halloween post!I'm spooked:) Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Poppy

Tea in the Library said...

I'm grinning ear to ear! Bravo!

The Old Parsonage said...

Wow - you do go all out! Love it!!! Wish I had someone nearby that would love something like that!!

Fun fun!

Unknown said...

What a fun display of Halloween Treasures! My favorite is the "diamond" spider...I love Bling, lol and the furry rat with toxic tonic! Thank you so much for sharing your decor and inspiration at the Fluster Buster Party, Lizy your party co host

Anonymous said...

Jann, it's all so cute, and so is your poetry! I saw an olde flower frog like yours yesterday but had to pass, way too pricey! Thank you so much for linking this to my first We Call It Olde Link-Up! Thanks to you, my first week was a success. I hope to see you there again each Tuesday with your antique, vintage, or history-related article. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Sandy said...

Boy that shoe fly is spooky! Looks like you really get into halloween. I mostly do pumpkins and cute little friendly looking witches. Loved your poem to go along with the spookiness.

Instagram