Queen of the ball. . .

Hello my friends, I have something fun to share with you this morning.

Are you familiar with Holly from Cutie Pie Cottage?  If not you should get to know her.  She’s a fun loving and talented gal.

And in my opinion, she’s the “Queen of the Ball”  The BALL GARLANDS that is.

I ordered one of her rag ball garlands for my craft room and it’s just the cutest thing!  Adds just a touch of whimsy don’t you agree?

IMG_2668

I requested the main colors to be red, mustard, and grey.  And to throw in a bit of aqua.  I also told her she could use a little black, brown, and cream.

These colors were a little out of her comfort zone, but I think she did a fabulous job.  I made the vintage book page garland to drape from a tent when I hosted a vintage sale for my older sister.  Never got it hung so I decided to use it here on this shelf where I display some of my vintage cameras and collections.

IMG_2682

I borrowed this pic from Holly.  Every close up I took was blurry. lol!  She used super cute buttons.  Some of them are dotty.

DSCI0006

An old instamatic and a Swinger camera.  The Swinger was my first camera.  Too bad this is not my original.

IMG_2675

My youngest daughter Kylee’s bridal picture fit perfectly in this old camera slide.

IMG_2678

A history book of the year I was born, another camera and my lucky #7.  My oldest camera is doing ‘Halloween’ duty on one of my mantles.

IMG_2676

A few fun office supplies.

IMG_2674

I love this little register bank.

IMG_2677

IMG_2681

The pops of aqua look cute next to my collection of ‘O’s”.

IMG_2679

IMG_2680

Thanks Holly, I had a ‘ball’ playing with my new garland!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Common Ground for Be Inspired

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

The Dedicated House for Anything Blue & Pink Friday

22 comments

Julie Marie said...

Hi Jann... love your cute little garland... and all of your other treasures... you have such a knack for putting it all together and making it look fabulous!... love love love that old cash register bank!... xoxo Julie Marie

priscilla said...

Love your new garland and the vintage book page banner ! Great decorating !!

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks perfect, Jann!

I have had the HARDEST time photographing my garlands. I think it's because they are round. They turn out best in full sun but then there's a shadow... Hmmm... Well, I 'm just so glad you like it! It was a lot of fun to make.

Queen of the ball. Hee-hee!

Tammy N said...

What a great vintage collection you have. It is displayed so well. The ball garland is a nice colorful touch.

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
Your garland is so sweet. I love it. Tooo cute.
Kris

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Really cool display Jann! Love your vintage banner and the garland from Holly. She really is creative and such a sweetie.

Unknown said...

Very nice!

Tea in the Library said...

I love Holly's (Cutie Pie Cottage) collection of IRMI! Such a fun blog - full of color and fun vintage goodies! The garland is darling and works so well with your banner. I keep thinking oh that garland would look good on a tree too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the garlands! Cute displays for sure!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That is a great garland...and your vignette is wonderful....you and my hubby were born the same year!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your garland...it is so cute!! Love the vintage feel it has.
hugs,
Cindy

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Love it, and all of your collectibles especially that little register..so cute!

lynne said...

I love that garland! I never think about making something from pages of a book, but I love that look. Your vignettes on your shelf are so in keeping with the garland. Great look.

lynn cockrell said...

The new garland is so cute, Jann. Love the old cameras and the camera theme you have going on. I really enjoyed your post today!

Rose L said...

I have a few places not far from me which sell items you would love. One has tons of chairs and they are real cheap! I always find it interesting to see the old cameras.

Connie said...

Cute, cute, cute . . . I have never seen anything like this, the whole idea is so whimsical and the buttons placed between each rag ball, "charming" doesn't even explain how adorable this is.
Enjoy . . ., Oh and wouldn't they be wonderful on a Christmas tree.
Keep Smiling,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Unknown said...

Simply adorable! ~~Ang

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great garland, Jann!! Thanks so much for visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the garland and all your fun vintage things on the shelf. Hugs, Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm here again to read all the nice things that your readers said about my garland. :) Ha-ha! I'm so vain!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Love your vintage items ;-)

Christine at Little Brags said...

Hi there Jann , I just put together a post of HOW TO DECORATE WITH CRATES and I used a picture of your gorgeous crate for inspiration with a blog link back to you provided. I hope that is ok, please advise if you want be to delete it. Greetings from Christine from Little Brags http://littlebrags.blogspot.com/2015/05/decorating-with-crates.html

Instagram