Got Milk?

Yup, I got milk; and cream too!
IMG_2542
At least according to my latest project I do.
I found this cute little side table at a thrift shop for $10.  Forgot to take a before picture, but she was just a dark brown.
From the moment I spied her I thought, “this girl has style”.
IMG_2540
IMG_2543
Love her legs and twisted design!
IMG_2545
This weekend I gave her a coat of white paint and sanded her gently.  I then decided to try the Modge Podge transfer method.  I know, I’m a little slow.  A lot of you have been doing  this.
I have wanted to try it, but have never taken the time till now.
Most of you will know how, but in case you don’t, here’s what I did.
I printed the design from my  Print Outs Pinterest Board with our regular ink jet printer, (Don’t forget to reverse the image or your words will be backwards).  I  have read that you will get truer colors if you use a laser. .
I wanted a time worn look so decided that it probably wouldn’t matter.
Just cut around your image with just a little paper edging and apply Modge Podge to the front side of it.  Place on the wood and gently smooth out any wrinkles.  Now BE PATIENT!  Let it dry over night.
In the morning dampen it with a wet sponge and gently rub the paper off.  Voila!  Easy peasy!
I think I may have rubbed a little too hard.  Notice that a tiny bit of the design rubbed off?  Didn’t bother me in the least.  Just gave it a more aged character.  Afterwards I finished her with a soft rub of wax.
Now I am wondering, What took me so long to try this?  Super easy and fun!
IMG_2541
I think she’s a sweet addition to my floral chair.
IMG_2546
And perfect to tie in my open family room with our "Farmhouse Basement Kitchen"
IMG_2547
How about you?  Got Milk?
hugs,
Jann
*This post was features at Rose Chintz Cottage for her HOME party.
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
Tuesdays at our Home
Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday
The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style for Wow
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party
Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday
Timewashed for Blissful Whites Wednesday
We Call it Olde Party
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
Rose Chintz Cottage for Home
Common Ground for Be Inspired
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
Knick of Time Tuesday
http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-reader-submissions-feature.html

37 comments

Art and Sand said...

Lovely legs and style on that little table.

I have never tried the mod podge method and you make it sound so easy. I have an old box wanting a redo so I think I might try it. Now I just have to find the box.

Lois' Laughlines said...

O my, that table is just the cutest.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Really cute makeover, Jann.

Debby Ray said...

What an adorable little table! I just love it...and that kitchen! OMWord! It is SO lovely...I love everything about it. Nothing says farmhouse kitchen more than red and white!! You did an awesome job :)

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann, I just love that little end table! What fun re-doing it! I have a real problem with these cute little tables :)
At one time I had more end tables in my home then chairs!!
So cute... You have inspired me!
Blessings, Roxy

priscilla said...

I have never seen that use of mod podge before ! It looks so cute ! Love your table !

priscilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Cute! ♥

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

I love this table! Now I want to try this method of transferring. Ah, one of the beauties of blogs...thanks for sharing!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love that cute sweet little table, love the graphics and the size of the table make it perfect for so many uses, thanks for sharing, Phyllis

Susie said...

Great job on the little table. Jann, that wasa good find. xoxo,Susie

Linda W. said...

What a cute little table!

NanaDiana said...

Of course I got milk! This is Wisconsin-the dairy state!;>)

LOVE your table. It turned out really, really cute- xo Diana

Joanne said...

I love it! such a cute little table!
Blessings, Joanne

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

That transfer looks great. Glad you wrote out the 'how to'
Joy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I like it....and your how to seems simpler than others I have read!!

Junkchiccottage said...

That table is too cute. I love it. It looks great with your chair. So sweet.
Kris

cynthia lee designs said...

Love it!! Great makeover!! It looks really good beside the chair.
hugs,
Cindy

Heirloom treasures said...

very nice,I have a table just like yours but not painted as it's in the sitting room with a lace cloth on it' I do like the image.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I love the table it is so nice the way that you fixed it up! You are so talented and creative. I just love the way it looks now. Take care.
Julie

Unknown said...

Adorable!!~~Angela

The Farmers Daughter said...

Jann! Your table is adorable! I'm so glad you told how you did it--I haven't tried it either but I love the result! Once I get a computer and back to blogging (no, I still don't have one), I'm gonna use the technique on some living room make-overs. So Thanks! I need that! lol
Miss you!
Dru

Dana Bishop said...

Hi Jann. I think you did a great job on this little bargain. It is really perfect as a side table. Have you ever had anyone set a wet glass or something similar on a Mod Podged surface? I had a bad experience and I'm wondering if I would need to use polyurethane over the Mod Podge. Your thoughts?

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Great little table! Also wanted to let you know that I added your link to my David post, I just forgot the first time. See you Thursday at Share Your Cup!
Amber

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Great little table! Also wanted to let you know that I added your link to my David post, I just forgot the first time. See you Thursday at Share Your Cup!
Amber

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Great little table! Also wanted to let you know that I added your link to my David post, I just forgot the first time. See you Thursday at Share Your Cup!
Amber

Anonymous said...

This turned out great! I'd love for you to share it at We Call It Olde, a new party started yesterday, not too late! Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

camp and cottage living said...

She does have nice legs! I like how you have finished her.
I've never tried this technique, but I'm going to now since your table turned out so nicely!

Rose L said...

Now all you need atop it is an old milk bottle!!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I saw the comment before me and just cracked up because you most certainly are likely to have an old milk bottle somewhere, right ? If not you'll find one! :)

VERY cute table / what a lovely job!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Pretty leg indeed!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

LOVE your table, Jann! The legs are so pretty and of course I adore anything chippy with a transfer on it. Lovely job! Thanks for sharing this at my HOME.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

It turned out great! I have a bunch of tables that need something new in my home and this is definitely a method I will be trying. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Ashley Rane Sparks

Tina said...

That table turned out so cute.

Anonymous said...

I just came back over to thank you for joining We Call It Olde, hope to see you again any Tuesday you have a vintage or history-related post to share. Have a great weekend, Jann!
Dawn

Kathy said...

Love your sweet table! The graphic is just perfect! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Cindy said...

I have never used them mod podged method of transfer before so I'd be new at it. I love the look and want to try it now, lol. Your wee little table looks so lovely.

Instagram