I Collect Pumpkins

Have you ever collected something without even realizing it?

After finishing decorating my home for Thanksgiving I looked around and realized that, “I collect pumpkins”!

Some are old (like really old) and some are new.

Thought I’d show my pumpkin collection to you.

Let’s start with the new.  The old may leave you laughing and laughter is always a good thing.

This sweet burlap pumpkin I bought at Hobby  Lobby for 50 off.  Figured I couldn’t even make it for that price.  Love the velvet top!

IMG_8438

I bought this book page one at a local boutique.

IMG_8446

This is my favorite new pumpkin.  Purchased it on sale also.  Knew I didn’t need it, but that stem and black taffeta check stole my heart.

IMG_8421

I bought this one at Swiss Days ( a large annual craft fair) years ago.  I knew it was something that I could make, but it was not a bad price.   Loved the real stem and the stitching.

IMG_8439

IMG_8440

These two were an after the holidays purchase one year.

IMG_8447

Another after the holidays purchase.

IMG_8441

This glass pumpkin was a gift that I won last year at a club that I am in.

IMG_8448

This mini was a favor from the same club many moons ago.

IMG_8442

These two candles were picked up for a steal.  No, I didn’t steal them. lol!

IMG_8452

Bejeweled pumpkins in my harvest bowl.

IMG_8443

Before I show you the ones that might leave you laughing.  I’ll show how the collection rolled over into a few dishes.

I have two pumpkin soup tureens.  Both were given to me as gifts.  Aren’t they cute?

IMG_8450IMG_8449

And a couple of pumpkin plates.  Oh, there’s another pumpkin.

IMG_8451IMG_8436

Now here are the oldies that might leave you laughing.  I made these eons ago in a Home making meeting.  They were the latest and greatest back then.  I do realize that if I removed the fabric and replaced it with burlap that they would be ‘hot’ again.  Who knows, may do that next year.  Think burlap will be out by then?  Notice how one raffia bow is missing?

IMG_8444

This is another trio that every year I wonder if I should get rid of them.  But for some unknown reason I just hang on.

IMG_8445

Now that’s a whole lotta pumpkins.  And I don’t even like pumpkin, as in pie that is.

Yup, I’m a pumpkin collector and didn’t even know it!

Have you ever collected something without intending to before?

Hugs,
Jann

21 comments

Pollyanna said...

Yes, I have had that happen. If you are attracted to something, you may get one for this space and another for the hall ... before you know it ... Your collection is great, my favorite is the glass one, I don't think I have ever seen one before!! Lovely.

Kris said...

LOVE!!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

A woman with a whole lotta pumpkins! Not sure which I like the best.

Chenille Cottage said...

Pumpkins...Pumpkins...Pumpkins Galore! I love each one of them...Your new and old ones are a sweet part of your past and present. I love attaching memories to some of my favorite collectables. I have admired your big embroidered patchwork pumpkin seeing it in one of your previous posts. It is my favorite, for sure!
thanks for letting us see it's lovely detail up close!

I hope you are having a great day on this most important Election Day, my sweet friend.
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

oldthings said...

Yes , I collective things ! Your collection is lovely ! I liked all of them !
Have a nice day !
Olympia

Beth said...

Hi Jann, I like your pumpkin collection, especially your burlap pumpkin. My neighbor has an outdoor "collection" of pumpkins decorating his yard. I counted 27 pumpkins (they are all real ones). Have a good week!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Good evening! Love your collection. No, don't change the fabric - that makes them unique ;-) and hand on to those others. They're cute too!
JoAnn

Victoria Lavender said...

Why...you're just the cutest punkin' collecting them thar pumpkins. My home favorite is a rock. My grandson helped paint a few orange, I gave them face's and stems. Had it for YEARS. It's here at my kids blog http://kids4crafts.blogspot.com/2010/10/items-needed-rocks-from-your-yard-base.html

hugs,
Victoria

priscilla said...

Love them all ! The black and white check is my favorite !

Gina said...

You really do collect pumpkins! What a great collection too. You have so many different styles. I think they are all fantastic, even the old ones!

NanaDiana said...

I think those are the best kind of collections....the ones that grow from the heart and you acquire them because you love them and not because you set out to grow a collection. That happened to me with red and white Johnson Brothers china. xo Diana

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Hello Jan,

I adore pumpkins. I have always liked them, but a number of years ago we had a pumpkin patch on the farm. I just got so tickled watching the little pumpkin babies grow... each so different.

I've been collecting pumpkins for a number of years without thinking of it, also. Maybe I'll think about it a bit now. ~smile~

Blessings to you from Harvest Lane Cottage!

Laura

Linda W. said...

I LOVE all your pumpkins!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Ok now I feel better about the pile of pumpkins I've collected too! LOL...You have some real cute ones!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hello Jann,
What a fun pumpkin patch you have in your home. I'm partial to the ones you have had the longest!
A great pumpkin collection...
Have a great day!
All the Best,
Christine

jenclair said...

Love pumpkins, and you have a great collection!

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Thank you so much for you very sweet comment Jann! I feel so honored you are learning about Pyrex from ME! There are so many educated collectors out there!
I thank you so much for your offer on the Butterfly Gold gravy boat. With Thanksgiving coming up, that would make a great addition to my tablescape! I will shoot you an email with my address but please let me know yours because I have something I would like to give you! :)
-Denise

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I ADORE your pumpkin collection pieces, Jann! Wow, you do have quite a few!

Isn't it funny how we collect and don't even realize it?

I did that with scallop shells in the 90s. I have all but rid myself of most since, it got out of hand really quickly, as I tend to be a little over the top sometimes lol.

Hugs.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

That's alot of pumpkins...and all cute as can BE! :)

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

That's alot of pumpkins...and all cute as can BE! :)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

wow! You have lots of different style cute pumpkins! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Bless you,
Susie

Instagram