SWEET TREAT

Day 3 challenge: Bake, (or take) a treat for someone sweet!

DSCF0361

Amanda is one of the ladies that comes to stitching group. She is a real Sweetheart!

Last week I asked her if her hubby would make a frame for a pieced heart that I made a few years ago.

The next day she called me and said that it was done. She wouldn’t let me pay her so I thought I would make some sugar cookies for her and her awesome hubby.

Yesterday my dear friend Ann stopped by needing someone to talk to. Last Saturday her 12 year old daughter, Elise was diagnosed with diabetes. I can relate to how she is feeling because my oldest daughter, Nichole was diagnosed at the age of 11.

Peggy and I are going to take them dinner tonight. I think they will enjoy a few cookies. I know what you are thinking, “What, sugar?”. Those of us who have type 1 diabetics know that anything they eat other than protein goes to sugar in the blood stream. It really is about moderation. One cookie for sweet Elise.

My prayers are with her and her family and hope that she can get it under control and realize with time that she’ll be ok. Kind of hard for a 12 year old to understand.

No comments

Instagram