Chocolate…Awareness

I decided that I would go ahead and paint my sewing room before attempting to complete ‘chocolate bunnies’.

I must admit that I have had chocolate on my mind a lot as of late.

The name of the paint that I chose is called, Plymouth Brown by Benjamin Moore.

As I was cutting in the corners I couldn’t help but think of how the paint looked just like chocolate fondue.

IMG_0653

As many of you know, I am not a chocolate lover. I would much rather have Swedish fish or sour patch kids. But a little bit of chocolate now and then hits the spot. As long as it’s milk chocolate and not dark. Of course I would pick the one that’s not as healthy for you.

IMG_0655

I couldn’t help but ask myself, “where’s the strawberries for dipping?”

Wouldn’t that be a hoot, if you did dip a strawberry and give it to someone to eat? Hmm, April Fools day will be here before too long. What an awesome prank that would be. Just sayin, you may not want to accept if I offer you a chocolate dipped strawberry on April 1st.

IMG_0651

Now that the corners are cut in I’m ready to roll.

IMG_0652

I’m guessing that most of you know, but I thought that I would share a bit of info with you. When rolling you want to do it in a V formation. This way you get good coverage and it’s the best way to hide your overlap lines.

How do I know this? Not sure, just a bit of info I picked up somewhere along the way. I’ve found that I am a person who knows very little about a lot of things and a lot about very little.

Now that I’ve covered the chocolate part, let’s get on to the awareness.

Did you happen to notice the cute pink bucket that I had the paint in? My hubby bought it last time we painted.

I wonder if he even noticed the label on it? Maybe he just has a thing for pink.

IMG_0656

It’s a Breast Cancer Awareness bucket, love it! I am overdue for a mammogram and have been meaning to call and get an appointment. I keep putting it off. This little label prompted me to go in and do it.

I have a dear friend that has been battling Breast Cancer for over a year now. She has had an awesome attitude and is doing very well. For as long as I can remember she has had long hair. The radiation and chemo made her loose her gorgeous locks. Darling hats have adorned her head all Winter. Recently her hair has started growing back. She is a skinny little thing and her short and sassy do makes her look like Jamie Lee Curtis. Cute, cute, cute!

So, if you have not had a mammogram in the last year I suggest you get an appointment.

Then afterwards sit down and reward yourself with a bit of chocolate.

No comments

Instagram